Are you ready to turn your backyard into the ultimate fun zone? We sure hope so because we have a real treat of a guide here for you today. In this article, we put together a special collection of our best inflatable obstacle course picks for children and adults. After all, people of all ages should be able to enjoy the glory of owning an obstacle course bounce house.
Why own an inflatable obstacle course? If you often host backyard BBQs, birthday parties, or large gatherings, owning an obstacle course is better than renting. A good inflatable course provides children with hours of play, exercise, and interactions that they’ll never forget. Plus, adults can join in when they need to burn some much-needed calories and share some laughter.
Even competitive spirits will find value here since giant inflatable obstacle courses give you the opportunity to race one another.
Before we get started, let’s go over a rundown of the features we considered when creating this guide:
- Materials – Adult inflatable obstacle courses undoubtedly require commercial-grade materials
- Weight Limit – High weight limits of up to 1000 lbs or more are required for adults and children to play safely without annoying restrictions
- Recommended Age – We considered this factor when choosing our top picks for small children and toddlers
- Brand Trustworthiness – We stuck with companies we know that offer warranties and quality inflatables
- Activities – What’s a good inflatable obstacle course without awesome activities? The answer is boring. That’s why we chose some super fun courses for people of all ages.
Now, without further ado, let’s get rolling with our top picks for your enjoyment.
Inflatable Obstacle Course Reviews
Under each of the following reviews, you’ll find all the necessary information to consider when choosing an inflatable obstacle course for your home.
#1) Tent and Table Retro Radical Run Inflatable Obstacle Course (K-DY-OC-RRR)
You are now entering the ultimate interactive bounce house. Right here is the best inflatable obstacle course with a slide. Unlike straight-line obstacle courses, the Radical Run packs the obstacles into a smaller footprint with a single entry/exit point. Participants enter through the side to begin climbing over and under obstacles before reaching the climbing wall.
Once they reach the climbing wall, they finish the course by racing down the slide against each other. The footprint of this course measures 18′ x 29′ with a max height of 15′. The recommended weight limit is 1,000 lbs and no more than 4 participants at a time, making this an excellent choice for children and adults.
If you’re unfamiliar with TentandTable, it’s one of the best commercial bounce house manufacturers. All the materials used to build this obstacle course are commercial-grade, and it comes backed by a 1-year warranty for both residential & commercial purposes. Lastly, it includes a premium 2 HP Zoom blower to ensure you’re never short on air supply while enjoying the festivities.
- Built with 15 oz commercial-grade PVC vinyl to hold up for years of use
- Suitable for adults and children with its 1,000 lb weight limit
- Compact footprint
- Our top pick with a slide
- 2 HP blower included
- 1-year limited warranty
- Built with safety in mind
- It weighs 535 lbs when deflated
- Too big for toddlers
#2) Tent and Table 7-Element Venom Inflatable Obstacle Course (K-DY-OC-7ELMT-34T)
If you prefer an obstacle course without a slide, this is another great backyard obstacle course for adults, children, and teens. Compared to our first pick, the Venom course is better for racing head-to-head since it’s a straight-line, dual-lane course. To get through this course, participants must do a combination of running, jumping, crawling, sliding, and climbing. Clearly, both adults and children get a total-body workout when running this course.
Regarding materials, the Venom course is built with the same commercial-quality materials as our top pick. Plus, it gives you the option to connect with additional Venom courses by Tent and Table if you have enough room in your backyard or are planning to use it for rental purposes.
Several final considerations are the long 30′ L x 11′ W footprint w/ a 7′ height, maximum weight capacity of 1000 lbs, and recommended max occupancy of 4. Additionally, this course is nearly 200 lbs lighter than our top pick at 380 lbs, and it comes backed by the same 1-year limited warranty for all purposes.
- Great for both adults and children
- Includes a 1.5 HP Zoom blower
- Built with commercial-grade materials and reinforcements at stress points
- A great choice for racing head-to-head
- Backed by a 1-year warranty
- Various obstacles to get a total-body workout (kids will sleep better at night)
- Still on the heavy side at 380 lbs
- Requires a 30′ length of land minimum
- No slide
#3) Yard 6096 Combo 6-in-1 Obstacle Course Bounce House
Now, it’s time to focus on the children and toddlers. Yard’s 6-in-1 obstacle course is our top bouncy castle obstacle course pick, and it’s also suitable for use as a toddler obstacle course for indoor use with close adult supervision of course. The footprint measures 21.3′ L x 9.2′ W with a 7.9′ max height.
The maximum weight capacity is 700 lbs with a recommended max user weight of 100 lbs. Keep in mind, the materials used to build this bounce house are durable, though, they aren’t on par with the heavy-duty materials used to build Tent and Table obstacle courses. The good news is that this course weighs a lot less at 102 lbs, but it’s certainly not made for adult use.
In total, there are activities for children ranging from a fun crawling tunnel, climbing wall, bouncing area, and a big slide to cap off the entertainment. Compared to a traditional bounce house, there’s certainly a lot more fun to be had here. The only downside is that the bouncing area is smaller than what you’ll find on a full-size bounce house. Lastly, this model includes a 950W blower.
- More affordable than commercial Tent and Table models
- Includes a 950W blower
- Built with 420D Nylon and 14 to 16 oz vinyl with a commercial-grade bouncing floor
- Perfect for both small children and toddlers (recommended age 36 months to 8 years)
- Includes a designated bouncing area
- High max weight limit of 700 lbs and up to 6-7 children at a time
- No clear warranty terms
- Not as heavy-duty as a Tent and Table model
- Too small for adults and older children
#4) Bounceland BL-9063 Pro Racer Obstacle Bounce House with Dual Slides
Another top-rated bounce house brand is Bounceland. Bounceland is one of our favorite brands for children and toddlers. Similar to the Yard model above, this Pro Racer model can be used as both an indoor inflatable obstacle course and for outdoor use. To give you an idea of how much space it requires indoors, the footprint measures 19′ L x 9′ W with a 7′ height, making it a bit more compact than Yard’s course.
Next, it’s important to consider the lower max weight limit for this course that’s 400 lbs rather than 700. However, it features the same max recommended user weight of 100 lbs and up to 4 children at a time. Also, what we like about this course is that it features a designated bouncing area with obstacles for kids to play with while they bounce.
Bounceland recommends this model for children 36 months to 10 years. A couple of final highlights are the dual-slide design that makes this model fun for head-to-head races, it includes a UL-certified 782-816W blower, and it comes backed by a 90-day limited warranty on the materials & a 1-year warranty on the blower.
- Clear warranty terms unlike the Yard course
- Includes a UL-certified blower with a GFCI plug for safe use
- Designated bouncing area
- Dual-slide design for fun head-to-head races
- Laminated oxford terylene commercial-grade flooring and quadruple stitching
- Our top pick for toddlers
- Built for indoor and outdoor use
- Lightweight at 45 lbs
- Lower weight limit than the Yard course
- Lower max occupancy than the Yard course
- Too small for older kids
#5) Tent and Table 40′ Retro Inflatable Obstacle Course (K-XOC-40OBS-40R)
Now it’s time to cap off our guide with one more fantastic option by Tent and Table. Compared to the Venom course, this one is even longer at 40′ with tons of obstacles for adults and kids to enjoy. Similar to the Venom course, it’s a straight-line course that’s perfect for hilarious head-to-head races among friends and family.
Regarding activities, this is an action-packed course that’ll have you moving your body in every direction. Plus, there’s a climbing wall near the midpoint with safety netting to keep children safely contained. As for the materials, this course is built to last with 15 oz Plato “Lite and Strong” Vinyl and 1000 denier base material. In other words, this isn’t the kind of obstacle course that’ll land on your curb after one season of use.
Final considerations are the included 1.5 HP Zoom blower, 1-year limited warranty, and a heavy-duty storage bag. Also, for commercial purposes, all Tent and Table courses include a safety sign and business cardholder. All in all, if you have enough room for it, you may find that this course is even better than the Venom model.
- One of the top adult inflatable obstacles courses with a climbing wall
- 10′ longer than the Venom model with additional obstacles
- Super fun for head-to-head races between adults and children
- Built with commercial-quality materials to withstand seasons of steady use
- Includes a safety sign
- Includes a 1.5 HP Zoom blower
- Backed by a 1-year limited warranty
- Requires the most space at 40′ long
- It weighs 416 lbs when deflated
- Not made for toddlers
The first step to choosing the best inflatable obstacle course is to consider who plans to use it. If you want an adult inflatable obstacle course, it really doesn’t get much better than TentandTable models. TentandTable courses are jam-packed with fun activities that actually make participants get a good workout along the way. Plus, they make head-to-head races amazingly fun for kids & adults at birthday parties and other events.
When choosing an inflatable obstacle course for toddlers & small children, we like what Bounceland and Yard have to offer. Considering their courses are built for both indoor and outdoor use, they give you a fun toy for your children to play with year-round. Just be sure to always consider the dimensions of any course you plan to purchase – particularly the footprint – and break out the measuring tape to be sure you have enough room.